Kids Initiative and Community News
CALA - Headline Sponsors For 2023
- Published: Friday, 11 August 2023 12:31
KI LANDS £10,000 SPONSORSHIP
In a huge development for the continued growth of the KI, we are beyond excited to confirm that national housebuilders, Cala, have become our sponsors for the 2023/24 season.
The 5 figure deal will allow the KI to employ a part-time administrator/ & coach to enable the provision of more free coaching sessions. KI founder and director, Richard Gale, said “We have been in discussions with Cala since the beginning of the year and it quickly became clear that there is great alignment in the thinking of the two organisations when it comes to supporting our local community. The £10,000 will help us take the KI to the next level.” The funding formed part of Cala’s 2023 Community Pledge initiative, which exists to provide a positive, measurable impact tailored to the local community. This includes donations, volunteering, learning programmes, support initiatives and more. Kevin Flint, Senior Land Manager at Cala Thames, said: “At Cala we strongly believe in investing in the communities our developments form a part of, and the Community Pledge is a great example of that.”
A little more about the Cala Group
Cala Group (Cala Homes and Legal & General Homes)
- Cala Group is a major UK home builder focused on building well-designed, high quality homes in prime locations throughout the South of England, the Cotswolds and Scotland.
- Cala started as the City of Aberdeen Land Association in 1875 and was the first Scottish company listed on the London Stock Market.
- Today, Cala Group is a subsidiary of Legal & General and comprises the Cala Homes and Legal & General Homes brands.
- Cala Group employs over 1,200 people across 9 offices and has around 75 live developments at any time.
- Cala was awarded the maximum 5 Star rating in the Home Builders Federation’s National New Homes Customer Satisfaction Survey 2022*, for the fifth year running. The independent survey found that 95% of our customers would recommend Cala to a friend.
- In 2021 Cala Group sold 2,094 homes, resulting in a turnover of £1.24bn and profit before tax (before exceptional items and revaluations) of £132m.
- Cala is proud have Samaritans as its national charity partner. Cala’s support will help to ensure that Samaritans can continue to be there for anyone who is struggling to cope. In turn, Samaritans provides training to help equip Cala’s staff – as well as employees of its subcontractors – with the skills to take care of their own wellbeing and that of their colleagues.
Cala has made a commitment to help fight the effects of climate change on the planet by:
- Building homes that are operationally net zero carbon enabled before 2030.
- Reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions in line with the Scottish Government’s 2045 target and ahead of UK Government’s 2050 target.
Sign Up below to be kept up to date with our latest news and newsletter releases.